From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Marge Prothman
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 8:57 AM
To: Pct-L
Subject: [pct-l] Identification at the Canadian Border

Unless I have missed it, I have not seen any discussion on what people are
taking with them for identification to get into Canada and return to the
States.

Last year a number of people were met by Canadian Immigration between the
monument and Manning Park. Some hiker journals even reported a Camper and
several officials. There did not seem to be any rhyme or reason when the
immigration would show up. But if I remember correctly they did have a list
of through hikers and there expected date of arrival into Canada.

Just a thought for 2003 hikers to be prepared.

Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge