[pct-l] Trail of Death (Was; Weapons on the trail?)

--
Just a few observations of my experiences, In the early sixties I was working
in the woods up bluff creek.( thats about 50 miles south west of Siead Ca) We
would see big foot tracks almost daily. The first time I saw them was when I
went to the creek to fill up the water bags. The tracks on the sand bar were
wet when I first saw them but dried up before I left.
 Another  time while running on a trail I came around a corner and almost
steped on a sleeping bobcat. He went one way and I went the other, when I
realized he wasn't chasing me I turned around and went back and there he was
peeking around the corner seeing what I was.
two times while running with my dog on logging roads I have seen bear. Both
times the bear would stand on its hind legs and cock its head back and forth
trying to get a better look,then drop down on all four and leave.
If I was Elk hunting It seems I would always see more deer and two times
while deer  hunting I found myself in the middle of a elk herd in the timber
with cows above me calling their calves and Bulls not more than 30 ft in
front and behind me. I either didn't worry them or they didn't see me, but
they made me nervous.
I am not looking for a flame I just feel fortunate to have had these
experiences and wanted to share them.