Fwd: [pct-l] Trail of Death (Was; Weapons on the trail?)

--

From: Ttflash60@aol.com
Full-name: Ttflash60
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:30:19 EST
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Trail of Death (Was; Weapons on the trail?)
To: dave@dalbey.org

--
I was elk hunting on the west side of Waldo Lake (that's about 2 miles west
of the pct in Central Oregon).  I was standing and looking over the hillside
when I saw a couger come out of the brush 100 ft from me.  It was a good 6-ft
long from nose to tip of tail.

I watched the cat walk on an angle away from me--it didn't get my scent as it
was in no hurry. It was a beautiful and graceful animal.  When it disappeared
from sight, I went on my way but I was looking over my shoulder for the rest
of the morning.

Tom