[pct-l] Weapons on the trail?

Hey

When I hang my food in bear country I try to find the best tree branch, if
that possible. I then wrap the bear bag rope around a tree and try to make a
triangle using three trees. I then put a little bear bell on each side of
triangle about 2.5 feet of ground. My tarp will be under the food bag. This
was before Bear Canisters.

I awoke one morning about 1:30 and a bear was a sleep or laying right next to
one of the bells. I think he rang one of the bells and just stayed there
studying the situation. I grab my camera and got his/her picture. I then got
up and stood as tall as I could with my hands up in the air and hollowed get
the hell out of here. He went running thru the wood but turned his head and
jawed me "saying all I wanted was breakfast"
Later on I hear pots and pans being banged on down the trail. I believe this
was at Deer Creek

Lonetrail