[pct-l] Bears.....and then there was "Chuckie"

Dennis B wrote:

>   Although rare, bear attacks do happen, especially on solo thru hikers.

	I'd be interested in hearing the backup for that statement;
it would be a great revelation to the solo hikers on this list.
Since 1996, I don't remember a single PCT-L post about either a bear
attack on any thruhiker, or even a truly ATTEMPTED bear attack on a
thruhiker.  Along parts of the PCT bears don't even exist.  On the
vast majority of the PCT they don't even raid camps.  I've heard of
bag-hangers getting clawed trying to prevent loss of groceries in
SEKI and Onion Valley, but those news reports did not identify them
as thru-hikers.
	Although, I found most amusing the List account of one
"Chuckie", who last summer tangled with Yogi at Glen Aulin in a
chivalrous attempt to recover his full food sack.  Though he bravely
prevailed, he and his foodbag wound up covered by a most "malodorous
bear drool" as a result of the nocturnal confrontation.  I don't
remember who posted that account, but you truly made my day.
Chuckie rules.

Kevin "Humans -1; Bears -0" Corcoran