From: "Brick Robbins" <brick@fastpack.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:25 PM
Subject: Admin Note on Trolls: WasRe: [pct-l] Re: Aqua Dulce to Lake Hughes

At 11:44 AM 3/25/03, John Musielewicz wrote:
>As long as public lands are supported by taxes ORV riders are perfectly
free
>to ride where ever they please- including the Pacific Crest Trail.

The above statement could not have been better worded to evoke the ire of
most of this list. It is legally incorrect, and was worded in an aggressive
"in your face" way.

This post may, or may not, have been what is known as a "troll" - an
intentionally abrasive post designed to start a flame war on the list. In
any event, please do not respond in like.

The best way to respond to a "troll" is to not respond at all. Eventually
the Troll gets bored and goes away.

As long as posters follow the two basic rules: "Don't Flame" & "Stay on
Topic" you can post pretty much anything, but it is nicer for everyone if
interactions are kept polite, just like life.

--
Brick Robbins