[pct-l] Re: Aqua Dulce to Lake Hughes - Message: 14 OHV tresspass

--
when I hiked this segment last year I came across an ATV that had gone off =
the trail down into Spade Spring Canyon.

You may have noticed several pipes hammered into the ground at the 3600 ele=
vation 0.50 miles past FR3N11, these I believe where used by whomever had d=
riven the thing off the trail in a failed attempt to pull it back up onto t=
he trail.

I notified the forest "service" of the machines location and loudly complai=
ned about OHV use of the trail and their total lack of enforcement. The OHV=
 officer said they where trying to get the sheriff to enforce it, I thought=
 to myself you are a worthless piece of (I*&(&.

The Angeles National Forest management is a disgrace! they are totally wort=
hless worried more about the doughnuts and coffee running low than about th=
e forest crumbling down about them, when the Tujunga and Arroyo Seco Ranger=
 District's where combined 2 years ago they named the new Ranger District "=
Los Angeles River Ranger District", this abbreviated is L.A.R.R.D or LARD y=
ep that's them worthless leaches suckling on the teat of Uncle Sam!

A prime example of their mis-management is the fires last fall. At the high=
et of the fire season, one of if not the worst on record instead of closing=
 the forest or increasing patrols, they continued with bisuness as usual, d=
o nothing unless the place is going up in flames. Who could have prediceted=
 that a fire would have started in San Gabriel Canyon on Labor Day weekend?=
 anybody that knows anything about the angeles forest that's who! They said=
 there was no money for extra patrols and closing the forest would have bee=
n unpopular, but they found 25+ million to fight the fires and more after f=
or enforcement of the closure that was like closing the barn door after the=
 horses got out.