From: <StoneDancer1@aol.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Peace

--
In a message dated 3/24/03 2:08:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jdrows@attbi.com
writes:

> Let's just try to LIVE our own interpretation of peace without trying to
> push any part of it on others

I apologize for the dig.... my grandmother's grandparents walked the Trail
of
Tears in 1838.  She got over it, and so did I.  I  find it hard to justify
expecting people to begin every post with the disclaimer that they realize
their ancestors were ruthless, thoughtless murders.  It shows a meanness of
spirt and the same lack of humanity purportedly expressed by those the
author
is denigrating. The history of the human race is often less than pretty, but
if we want change we should stop pissing and moaning about the past and
start
now.   Surely if this writer was familiar with the writings and spirt of
Thomas Paine he would change appellations.

No Way