[pct-l] Leaving Campo April 25th

Don't worry about finding a hiking partner.  You definitely will not be
alone.  April 25 is a HUGE start date.  You will be with a big wave of
hikers from Campo till at least Warner Springs (the first 100 miles).

I've hiked north from Campo twice.  I've never had any problems with
illegals, and I've seen plenty of them.  Or maybe I should say I've heard
plenty of them.  They travel at night, they travel fast and light.  They
simply want to walk north as fast as possible.

If you're really that concerned, just camp out of site of the trail.  The
whole idea of encountering illegals sounds scary now, but I've never heard
of anyone having any problems.  You should be more concerned with finding
water than running into illegals.

yogi