[pct-l] dogs on the trail

CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:

> If you have a disability, and your dog assists you, you have a valid point

	For those of you not familiar with Dave Fales from past times he has
harassed folks on various hiking lists, let me quote from some of his
messages -

Dave wrote:

> there just jealous because They could never keep up with me on the trail
> and I only have one leg and I can still out back pack any one on here I bet
> no very many people on here has hike the triple crown of hiking let alone
> twice on one leg and most of these guys don't even know what the triple
> crown of hiking is.

	<snip>

> I was on Everest with
> the first amputee on Everest I was working base camp and have since
> summated

        <snip>

> I can go palces
> you cna't becuse I have proven my slef to yellowsoten our group gets called
> in for most of there rescuses

	So just what assistance does a dog provide someone who claims such
abilities? Hell, maybe I need a service animal since I'm apparently less
able than Dave is. I'm considering a hedgehog; what do you all think?

	Incidentally, Fales has been asked numerous times (in the most polite
of ways) to actually support some of his claims, such as revealing what
years he hiked certain trails or provide contact information for his
supposed guide service or search & rescue group. He has repeatedly
failed to do so. I would take most of his claims with a very large
serving of salt.

	Ron
--

must preside at our assemblies.