[pct-l] Fuels for the trail.

--
 While White Gas and unleaded fuel are the easiest to find on the PCT,
Alcohol is very close these days as homemade alcohol stoves are now the most
common used on this trail.
    I used unleaded  fuel in 1977 and it worked great in our old Optimus and
Svea stoves. ( Make sure you buy the lowest octane!!! Coleman fuel is 82 oct.
and cheap unleaded is 87 here in Washington and 85 in Montana near CDT)
   The stoves that burn this stuff are much heavier though . Whisperlights
are in the 1 pound range and an alcohol stove is about 2 ounces with pot
stand.
   Heet gas tank dryer is found along the trail in most places or Denatured
at any hardware store. Rubbing alcohol can be used in a pinch ,but is not as
hot and very sooty.