[pct-l] Ham radio on the PCT

--
to suggest that 2-meter ham radios work well in most areas for emergencies =
or contacting your ride if they also have a radio. Of course, you do have t=
o be licensed, and the license does require passing a 35-question multiple =
choice test. (My daughter was 11 when she got her license.)

I have a repeater guide to the PCT at www.qsl.net/aa6j/pct and would ask ha=
ms hiking the trail to email me reports of what worked for them.

Also, if you're bringing a ham radio to the ADZPCTKO, please contact me so =
we can set up a plan in case there's a need for emergency communications at=
 the event.

Thanks,
AsABat