[pct-l] Can we please keep this positive?

Dear Judith
Granny and I thru hiked the AT in 2000. We found a very small percentage of
hikers on the trail who were abrasive in one sense or another. Our plan was
to immediately distance ourselves from anyone that we felt threatened by. It
worked.

The overwhelming majority of those on the trail are great folks and very
enjoyable to be around. Many of those becomes lifetime friends.

It surprised me but there were many solo female hikers on the trail and
their experiences were pretty good for the most part.

It was a tremendous spiritual experience for us. We are born-again
Christians and our desire is to be a good testimony out there. We will not
impose our beliefs on anyone who chooses to believe otherwise.

Be especially careful near road crossings. If you are uncomfortable with
people any time you stop, make an excuse and immediately move on.

Hope to see you on the PCT. We plan to start at Campo about May 1st.

Pappy