[pct-l] Poison Oak

I carry an ounce or so...just enuf for one application until I
get to a store...but here is a great "trick" for poison ok-
it has NEVER failed to bring instant relief.

Boil a quart of water..and add cool water --just a little until
it is just scalding...so hot u can barely stand it...pour over
the poison oak rash..it will metabolism the oil for at least
6-8 hours of itch and pain free hiking..u will never relaize the
beauty and exctasy of that relief!!!! In fact with enuf hot water I
was able to get a solid 10 hrs of sleep at night before it
started itching again...

I use the tecum just for those inaccessible spots..but in 25 years of
hiking I got it only once...and then it was becasue my g/f and I
had to find a private spot to lay down and in our ardor we
did not pick the most advantageuous of spots...needless to say we
used a lot of hot water for the next 3 weeks.<grin>..otherwise
I never got it!

Richard