[pct-l] Southern California Storm & Sierra Meltoff Prediction

AsABat wrote:

> I hiked the Tehachapis to Walker Pass over the last month and had no snow
> worth worrying about - barring future storms. However, the San Gabriels
> looked socked in driving up, and Olancha Peak and peaks north looked
> completely white.

Drove south this weekend along 395, spent the night in Lone Pine.  Spoke with
5 people in the parking lot who were sorting gear.  Crampons, snowshoes, knee
high gators, the works.  They'd been on the slopes of Whitney, and were
stormed out.  I asked them if the road was open to Whitney Portal, (8500 ft.)
and they said "not even".  As best as I could determine, (they wree able to
show their location to me on a photo of the mountain) they were between 5500
and 6500 ft.

Eckert