[pct-l] Advice on June hiking

Hello,
I'm new to the list and really new to backpacking, although
my husband has done it.  This year, starting on about June
20, my husband, 13 yr old son, and I want to do about four
days of backpacking.  I'm looking at two totally different
locations:  The PCT in Washington or the Long Trail in
Vermont.

Can any of you comment on:
1. Which would likely have the best weather?
2. Which would have less bugs (biting flies and mosquitoes
in particular)?
3. What section of which trail might be the best experience
for us.

I appreciate it!
Carol
Carol Sabbar