From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jason Hebert
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 8:23 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Trekking Poles

I am looking for feedback on trek poles for my 03 through hike.  I am going
light and would love to have my hands free to do other things (ie: play
harmonica, hold umbrella, etc.).  I have had problems with my left knee
though (dislocated my knee cap in rock climbing) and am a little worried
about the stress on it over the many miles, especially on down grades.  How
much do they help take the impact off the leg joints?