[pct-l] Mid-point on the JMT?

Hi John, You asked about entering the JMT at the midpoint. I'm planning a
JMT thru-hike this summer and so have studied that question too, in my case
with regard to the resupply issue. The short answer is that there really
isn't a good mid-trail access point, especially one that has reasonable road
access. The best that one could do, in my opinion, is to access the JMT at
Muir Trail Ranch (which is 109 miles from Yosemite Valley). That's in the
middle, all right, but it's tricky to get to. Suggestion: Use Google on the
internet to find the web site for Muir Trail Ranch, and in their web site
locate the section giving directions. The book by Winnett and Morey (2001),
"Guide to the John Muir Trail," also contains useful information. Good luck
on your hike. Chuck