[pct-l] Ice Ax

--

Hi Karen,
For your class you should probably rent one. Depending on the class you may=
 use it for things like ice climbing and anchoring a rope team. That requir=
es a mountaineers ice axe. For thruhiking the PCT, all you'll use it for is=
 self-arrest. Weight is crucial because you'll be carrying it so much of th=
e time. For this application, an aluminum headed ice axe is ideal. It's ext=
remely light, but it isn't designed to be a rope anchor. I use the Camp HL2=
50.
Flyin' Brian
 karen bresslin <numbrrrs@hotmail.com> wrote:I have been looking at ice axe=
s but really don't know a thing about them. I
would love to hear from some veterans their preferences and at what point on
the PCT would I want to carry an ax? I am taking a mountaineering course
this weekend to learn how to use one. I believe in knowing how to use what
you carry or why carry it.

Just want to take a moment here to say 'thank you' to all of you on this
listing. I have been reading your messages for the past week or so now and
have really enjoyed them. Thanks for your advice and humor. I look forward
to meeting some of you at ADZPCTKO.

-Numbrrs