[pct-l] Desert hiking at night

--
I am unfortunately endothermic (or Hyper-endothermic). Which means that
I like cold weather and really don't like hot. I anticipate the most
grueling part of MY hike will be the desert sections.  To this end it
seems that hiking at night is a good option to avoid the heat and trying
to find shade, tarping, burying yourself in the sand to avoid it during
the day.

Is this a foolhardy approach?  What is the desert like at night (besides
colder than during the day) am I going to be hopping over thousands of
nocturnal poisonous creatures waiting to turn me into a scene from "The
Mummy"

-R

Definition 2 applies to me and my surroundings. :)
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=endothermic