[pct-l] trail markings

--
We are thru-hikers on AT 2000. Plan to thru-hike the PCT starting in Campo about May 01, 2003. Our concern is trail marking. The AT was very well marked.

We will have compass and PCT Data book. Are detailed maps or GPS necessary or worthwhile to stay on the trail? We can't afford to stray and lose time with the shorter window to complete in 2003.

Pappy & Granny