[pct-l] Fan Letter (was safewater filters)

In a message dated 3/10/03 10:33:37 PM, ageibel@teleport.com writes:

<< People reading the list just want to know what PCT hikers do.  I use the

filter, for worry-free, great tasting water.  Worth the weight, worth the

hassle.  I'm a section hiker.  Take my vote for whatever its worth.

-Andrew >>

Arrogant Mountain Dave says tough luck Andrew if you are not immune to
giardia. Guess that is YOUR problem
 And if I weren't immune  to giardia I would not use a filter, I'd go with
quick light weight chemical. People on the list just want to know what PCT
hikers do. Well, SOME, like me, don't treat water. Does that count as an
opinion or not??