[pct-l] Maps and navigation

I prefer 1:12,500 and I had a little trailer I pulled to each stateline
to carry them all! When I got cold I built a little house
with the ones that were still folded and creased nicely.

and as I passed thru the terrain, my fires got warmer
thus I did not need to look for alcohol and my cat holes
 got a little more green paper in them.

And, of course, the tarp covered the entire stack (well..
almost, but the condensation made the maps *really*
heavy and I had to ask other hikers to carry some for
me for a while...

Maps- truely the most versatile of items one can pack-
navigation, heat/fuel, shelter, tp; what more could u want?
OH!! ah..for those boring days in the tent...map-a-gomy!

:-)  <grin>

Richard