[pct-l] RE:tinidazole side effects

At 12:32 PM 3/10/03, "Jeff Bohannon" wrote:

>The link didn't specify what the side effects of drinking alcohol
>after/before taking Tinizadole.Are the side effects as extreme as mixing
>Flagyl and alcohol ie. puking, flushing, headache and dizziness?

 From what I understand, yes. The drugs are in the same family of
antibiotics: nitroimidazoles. The AIDS information sheet quoted in the last
post by Gray verifies this.

An interaction list is available at
http://bnf.vhn.net/bnf/documents/bnf.2937.html You will notice that the
list of interactions is MUCH shorter than that of the the drug used in the
USA Flagyl ( generic name: Metronidazole )

A google search will turn up lots of stuff on tinidazole.
http://www.google.com/search?q=tinidazole

Hike Your Own Hike.....