[pct-l] Giardia Test at the Kick-Off Party - (Was Giaradia

> Two months? why be sick for 2 months?
>
> The antibiotic Tinidazole will cure Giardia in 24 hours, costs about $2
> for a dose, and is available in Tijuana, very close to the start of the
> PCT.

I recomended making an informed decision.  First, Tinidazole is not FDA
approved for sale in the US.  I think that this means that buying it in
Mexico and transporting it across the border would be illegal.  If some one
is going to take a drug like this, they should consult a doctor.  Here is a
link to a medical website regarding some of the possible negative side
effects of the drug.

http://www.edoc.co.za/medilink/actives/1023.html

If you have never taken a drug of this nature and have a negative reaction
in the middle of the desert, what then?

Make an informed decision and hike your own hike.

Bryan