[pct-l] Water Filter

--
A couple of people have asked for more info. on using just a water filter e=
lement.  The idea is that by putting a water filter element into a water bu=
cket and attaching a piece of hose to the output attachment, gravity will p=
ush the water through the filter once a flow is started.  My system consist=
s of a silnylon water sack, a pur hiker filter element, and a 5 foot piece =
of plastic hose.  All you have to do is suck on the end of the hose to get =
the flow going, after which the water flows great.  This assumes of course =
that you have a tree or something on which to hang the water sack, as gravi=
ty is a necessary component.  As a note, I tried my Sweetwater element, and=
 got such a slow output that I almost gave up the idea.  The pur filtered m=
ore than a quart a minute though, so now I'm in!

Sam