NOT SO LIGHTLY PLEASE!! Re: [pct-l] Giaradia Hype

--

Here's a good web site to start with when reading about giardia, especially=
 as it pertains to hikers, and their filtration/purification options: http:=

For me, and my wife, I bought SafeWater G2 24-oz filter bottles.  They can =
operate as squeeze bottles or as drinking bottles.  I will probably order e=
xtra pre-filters and main filters to keep in my bounce box, though.  I like=
 the convenience of scooping up water and drinking immediately.  I think I =
paid about $30.00 for each of the two bottles, and that included two or thr=
ee replacement pre-filters.  Has anybody else used these?  I'm still mullin=
g how to store the rest of my water, especially for the desert sections.  I=
'm thinking a few 1-liter soda bottles (or similar), and a compressible wat=
er bag of some kind, for especially dry sections.

Only about seven weeks until we begin our thru-hike...and so very much to d=
o in the meantime.  I can't wait until all I have to think about is when to=
 eat, drink, sleep, hike, rest, and pick up my bounce box.  Life doesn't ge=
t much simpler than that.  I hope to see some of you at ADZPCTKO.

Phoenix, PCT 2003

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix