[pct-l] Buck Tilton gets my vote!

--
 I believe Rich misses the point that states, " Some folks are indeed
immune". ( Not all) Buck is the Director of Curricullum and Development for
the Wilderness Medicine Institute of the National Outdoor Leadership School.
That being said, his word has a bit more " Clout" than Rich's Option.  Maybe
25 years ago , more folks were immune than now days. Many of today's folks
drink water from heavily treated sources and may have lost their edge against
Giardia. Daily doses of Chorine may have stopped people from carrying the
Giardia in their intestinal tract. ( Article states it was so common as to be
thought as a normal resident in our tracts)
    Bottom line is some hikers never suffer and some do, BUT Giardia has been
around quite some time and our, "City Slicker Systems"  can't handle it as we
once could.
   This doesn't mean other bugs can't get you.  If drinkng ugly  looking
water, trust your instinct and treat . ( I never treat running water here in
Washington  and do treat lake and pond water)
     """ Giardia is Very Common is humans"""  Many people have natural
Immunity""""" Mexicans CAN drink water from Mexico"""" Filter Companies play
on hype and fear""""People from Cleveland SHOULD filter their water on the