[pct-l] Giaradia Hype

Monte - I don't use a filter either. However, it is difficult to tell if one
is immune or not. Although I agree that the odds of getting giardia from the
water is extremely low, if the extra weight of a filter gives one peace of
mind, why not take one -- or if you are an ultralight, resort to chemicals
instead
  I watched a woman in the Grand Canyon drink water that would have done Fear
Factor proud. Imagine 10 gallons of water in a stagnant pool, the surface
covered with some kind of green growth interspersed with debris. Strings of
hazy algae descended from the surface to the mucky bottom. When disturbed,
dozens of pollywogs scurried about seeking shelter. After skimming off the
pond scum, she filled 2 quart water bottles. The water had a distinct light
green hue to it when held up to the light. I decided to pass and just go
waterless for 4 hours to the next supposedly perennial water source. (it was
barely flowing)
 As far as  know, she is still alive