[pct-l] Hiking boot/sock longevity?

A question for those of you whop have done the PCT, or other long thru-hike
using more traditional hiking boots opposed to trail shoes:

Is it likely I'll be able to finish the trail in the same pair of hiking
boots I start in?

Will resoling be necessary at all? And if so, just once, or more?

How often do you go thru a pair of socks on the trail? I'm currently
planning on liners and hiking socks, and trying to get a rough estimate on
how many pairs I'll ruin during the hike.

I know that some people's feet tend to swell when using trail shoes... does
this happen as much with hiking boots? (I'd really hate to be 300 miles into
the trail and realize my boots don't fit, and won't for the rest of the
trail. I'm having to do my attempt on a budget, and I simply don't know if I
can set aside $220 for *another* pair of shoes just in case my feet swell).

Gray