[pct-l] PCT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Hi, we are Don (Pappy) and Barb (Granny) Asper, from Bozeman, MT. We currently
are making plans to thru-hike the PCT commencing around May 1. We did the AT
in 2000 and are really looking forward to the PCT. We've done quite a bit of
reading, and know that the trail is quite unlike the AT in that it is a one of
extremes. We are planning to "lighten up" for this trek and have already
replaced our Dana packs with 16oz packs, cutting about 5 lbs off. We've also
replaced out 6 lb tent with a 4 lb model. We'll probably not carry it over the
desert, opting out for a tarp. Not as comfortable, but it'll do. At the
ALDHA-West conf in October I made a stove we'll use, replacing our MSR
whisperlight.

Has anybody got any suggestions for other ways we can lighten up? We'd
appreciate exchanging information with anybody and also finding out who else
is planning the hike around the same time.

Barb and Don Asper (Granny and Pappy)
Barb Asper, Broker
(image)HEART OF MONTANA REALTY SERVICES
(406) 587-8832 (office) or (888) 284-9557 (TOLL-FREE)
(406) 556-0986 (HOME)
(406) 539-8832 (MOBILE)

"The Son of God became the Son of man so that the sons of men might become the
sons of God" --Terry Fullam

The new MSN 8:[1] smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*