[pct-l] pct-l] PCT in Kings Canyon

--
I agree that it is easier to hitch from South Lake than Onion Valley.  If
that's a concern, start from the south end, Onion Valley.

I've also done the cross-country route from Bishop Pass to Palisade Lakes and
can recommend it if you want a fairly challenging adventure across talus
slopes to see some seldom-visited lakes and spectacular scenery.  However,
you will miss Le Conte Canyon which is a lot like an unspoiled Yosemite
valley - except that the valley floor is at 7,500 feet and offers some very
good fishing.  Is there any way that you could do both?  It's a hard choice!

____