[pct-l] Getting to the Trail head on Mexican border

I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for getting to the trailhead
in a timely manner. I've read how to physically get there, which reflects
arriving in Campo around 5:00pm. But then I read that ideally you want to
hike in about 20 miles the first day in order to get to water and get away
from the Mexican border (reducing the chance of an incident with an illegal
alien). Arriving at 5:00pm and hiking 20 miles that same day just isn't
realistic for me ... ha,ha. The couple people I know who have hiked the PCT
had family or friends in the area to drive them to the trailhead. I,
unfortunately, do not have either. Does anyone have another solution to this
problem? I would so appreciate the input.
Thanks,
Numbrrs