[pct-l] Re: Jack Fair House Update

--
The name of the new owner of the former Jack Fair house is Richard Skaggs.
I talked to him tonight by phone, and he said he could receive
packages there at 26803 W. Ave C-15, Neenach CA 93536, and he has a
secure storage area for them.
This guy is a character, but all in good ways, it seems.  He is an
ex-Disney Producer as Monte stated, and has his hands in a few
things, mostly now the work at this new place which he gutted last yr
and is building onto.  He said that hikers who've stayed there before
should expect to see a lot of changes.  Like actual bunks, and stuff.
And he sounds like he's happily anticipating a lot of thruhikers this
year. He's not a hiker, but sounds like he enjoys their company.  He
has a worker there also, so someone is always around.  His wife lives
in LA during the week but is sometimes there on weekends I guess.

It is true that the Hwy 138 Store has closed its doors.
Richard said he can serve as a resupply point, and since he's not a
hiker he asked about what supplies hikers would want.  Not being an
LD'er myself,  I said I would offer that to you.  SO: What should
Richard stock?  Tell me,  and I will forward a list to him (he
doesn't have email).  I told him the hikers like ice cream, last time
I heard.  I also absent-mindedly told him to get stocked on plenty of
alcohol, which caused him a doubletake since of course he thought I
was talking about booze.  HAHH!!!
But anyway, send me the info.
For your planning, his place is at about mile 515, some 40 trailmiles
beyond Green Valley (San Francisquito Cyn Rd), and about 40 miles
before bailoff to the town of Mojave.

Kevin Corcoran
PCTA Sec E Area Coordinator