[pct-l] pct-l] PCT in Kings Canyon

--
>>>I am planning a one-way August hike along the PCT in Kings Canyon.=A0 The
plan is to enter and exit the park from the east via the Onion Valley and
South Lake trailheads.=A0 I am trying to figure out whether the hike would =
be
easier from the south (entering via Onion Valley) or from the north (enteri=
ng
via South Lake).=A0 Any views?<<

I have hiked both ways and like them both.  I  can't think of any reason why
one might be more desirable than the other...unless...it depends on your
transportation plans.  Are you taking two cars and leaving one at the end?
If so, it doesn't matter.  If you plan to hitch down at the end and make yo=
ur
way back to your car in some fashion...then it would be, I think, better to
start at Onion Valley, since the trailhead has a lot less traffic than South
Lake and would be more difficult to get a ride.  Also, depending on your
experience...there is a beautiful cross country route from Bishop Pass that
goes right along the front of the Palisades and drops down to Lower Palisade
Lake on the PCT.

No Way