[pct-l] Looking for a taste of the Trail?

--
If you're looking for a week to 10 days, and
you want fairly warm weather, and

By all means come to the Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kickoff
(ADZPCTKO, see <A HREF="www.pct77.org/adz">www.pct77.org/adz</A> for detailed info) on the last weekend of
April.  You will find most of this year's aspiring thru-hikers and many
thru-hikers from past years (1977 to 2002!) and trail angels. You can hike
from the Mexican border up to about Idylwild, or Interstate 10.  Fly into San
Diego and get a ride out to the southern terminus by contacting Trail Angel
"ADZ Food Dude" Bob Reiss at cdrriess1@Cox.net .  Then just ask around on
this list to get a ride or find transportation from your intended northern
point back to San Diego or Los Angeles to fly back.

No bears, generally warmer than any other part of the 2650 miles in April or
May, and because it isn't prime backpacking season you won't find many people
on the trail except for PCT thru or section hikers and maybe me and a few
other "weekenders", getting in shape so we can go for a hike in the High
Sierra this summer!

Just one warning; You just might find that after 10 days out there with the
rest of 2003'ers boosting your moral and confidence, and enjoying the
comraderie, you will want to keep going all of the way to Canada with them!

Best regards,

Greg Hummel