[pct-l] Looking for a taste of the Trail?

Hello All
My name is Richard Hare, I'm from Brighton in the UK.  I'm looking to make a
trip over in April or May of this year with a view to getting a feel for the
PCT. I thought it might be possible to thru hike it this year, but just by
reading around the subject I can see I need to get myself properly organised
and fit  ready for 2004.  I'm not a terribly experienced hiker, but I guess
I'll have a year or so to do something about that.  Anyway I'm looking for
recommendations for a week or 10 days section hike.   It would have to be
easy access from an airport and I'd like to travel fairly light so not too
cold at night! I'd also prefer not to have to worry too much about scarcity
of water and bears stealing my breakfast till I get a bit more experienced!
(We don't have bears over here and boy I don't remember the last day I
didn't rain!) If I'm being over fussy..... well just yell and let me know,
but I figure there must be a nice uncrowded section somewhere on the 2600 or
so miles which will guarantee me to return in 2004! Thanks to you all
Rik