[pct-l] re: ultra-lite packs

--
Yea, 'tis indeed possible.  If suffering makes you feel GOOD, then go for it.
 OTOH, if you are kind of lazy, i.e., smart, and want to have some feeling in
your unswollen fingers, some deep breathing that doesn't pain your ribcage at
the end of your hiking day, use a hip belt.  Carrying whatever load you feel
is appropriate on your hips instead of your shoulders is going to change that
"I can do this!" grimace into a true smile.  My G4, with hip belt, carried my
load very nicely the whole length of the AT last summer, and it's ready for
more!
_____