[pct-l] more kudos for Tom Harrison maps(long)

If you already know and love Tom Harrison maps, skip this.
We spend every summer bumming around the Sierras for a month and love
the Tom Harrison maps.  Five maps,
Mt. Whitney High Country
Kings Canyon High Country
Mono Divide High Country
Mammoth High Country
Yosemite High Country  OR Yosemite Nat. Park Recreation Map
cover the PCT and the connecting trails to both east and west side
trailheads.
They start south near Trail Pass on the Whitney map.
The Yosemite High Country map goes to the McCabe Lake junction, and the
Yosemite recreation map goes to Dorothy Lake Pass, albeit with less
resolution.  The first five maps are 15 minute-style resolution and 80
foot contour intervals.  Each covers the area of several 15 minute maps,
because they stretch across the range and disregard those
latitude/longitude boundaries.  The last  map is less useful, with 200
foot contour intervals, as it covers a much larger area on a similar
size map.
I like the shaded contours that make the ranges easier to see and
decipher. I like the mileage marked between points.
Some of mine are pretty old, and they lack the longitude/minute numbers
along the edge.  The newer editions seem to have them.  If you are a GPS
user you will want to check this carefully before purchasing.
I like these better than the JMT map pack for my purposes, since we are
often on parallel trails or connectors, and don't have to worry about
walking off the edge of the map.
Harrison also makes a Lake Tahoe Recreation map which covers the PCT
from 2 miles north of Carson Pass to Ward Peak(80 ' contours).  Also
makes a Desolation wilderness map that has a small piece of PCT.
llamalady