[pct-l] Dana Racer

Greetings!  I'm planning on hiking half the PCT this year and half next  and
just started reading this list a couple of weeks ago.  Thought I'd add my two
cents on the pack discussion.  My husband and I are very light weight hikers
but can't take these packs with no back support or that require a sleeping
pad inserted. For a little extra weight we get better support.  I  used the
Dana Racer on our AT thruhike and absolutely love it-it is extremely
versatile  and I found it extremely comfortable, shifting all weight to my
pelvis.  My husband however doesn't like it.  He used his ancient Kelty Red
Wing on our thruhike without the stays and before they made it heavier (2lbs
5oz) .  The message: To each their own, but don't rule out the Dana and don't
throw out the Red Wing-if you can't fit your gear in it, you're carrying too
much!
The Baroness