[pct-l] great line

--
Hey John,
Loved your contribution to the List today. Great line: "My kit is a means t=
o my purpose, not the purpose itself." May I quote you in the future? No wo=
nder we make great partners...we do agree on backpacking. I, just like you,=
 take things on my back to be able to enjoy "camping" away from the trailhe=
ad. I backpack to get deeper into the woods and further away from most folk=
s. I take whatever I need to enjoy that experience. And yet, I too do not w=
ant to suffer any more than necessary during the backpacking part of the ca=
mping experience. So, I too look at every piece of gear and do what I can t=
o lower my pack weight. Since I first started backpacking I have dropped ab=
out 7 pds. Pretty good, I think. In talking with Ron Moak, I might even be =
able to drop a lot more with a pack change...time (and experience) will tel=
l.

Regardless, we both love being on the trail and we both love "camping" whil=
e out on the trail. It's just a little harder to try to combine those two a=
nd still keep weight down.

JoAnn