[pct-l] Alcohol Stoves - How much fuel to carry?

I'm considering an alcohol stove (as well as an
esbit).  I've built an alcohol stove....actually in
'98 before they were popular.  We called it the
Shaffer stove, because we made it from a beer can
while hanging out in Hot Springs.  I really think they
came into fashion right about that time.  Maybe that's
nastalgic wishful thinking.  Maybe the Shaffer was the
original.

But I never carried it on the AT, because I had my
Whisperlite and was content.  But jealous.  The
Shaffer boiled faster than my Whisperlite.  It was
lighter, cleaner and cheaper to operate.

Now, I'm cutting weight relentlessly.  So, it's only
natural that I should consider an alcohol stove
seriously.  My Whisperlite weighs 10.8 ounces plus a
15-ounce pump/fuel bottle....while an alcohol stove
weighs less than 2.  And it's free.  No brainer for
cutting weight.

QUESTIONS:  For those PCT thru-hikers who have carried
alcohol stoves, how much fuel (in liters, ounces,
whatever) did you typically carry?  How much did you
leave town with, and how big was your fuel bottle?
What was the longest you had to go before refilling
your fuel bottle?  What did you use for a fuel bottle?

Thanks in advance.

Nocona