Fw: [pct-l] Pack Recommendations

Just gotta laugh at all the pack recomendations. Poor Heidi must be more
confused about what pack to choose than ever. Since everbody likes what they
use, that tells me that one pack is as good as another. 5+ pounds, however,
is a bit much, and 2lb - is a bit light. Lots of stuff in between
 I used an external frame pack and would not do so again. I like my Kelty
internal because it is well engineered, with 3  removable external pockets,
and an expandable  ditty bag that I throw light bulky items such as maps,
potato chips and doughnuts. 2 removable hip belts and lots of places to lash
stuff to.
    Figure 5 lbs for clothing, 5 lbs for shelter, 5 lbs for pack, 5lbs for
sleeping bag , pad stove and fuel, 5lbs for other stuff. Thats 25 lbs.
Knocking  an average of only one pound  off of each list makes 20 lbs, the
target I shoot for on a backpack requiring an ice ax