From: "Heidi Clark" <clarkh@ohsu.edu>
To: "<" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 9:40 AM
Subject: [pct-l] Pack Recommendations

--
I'm looking for a good lightweight pack to carry.  Any recommendations?

I have a pack that's too small- a Kelty Redwing.

And a pack that's too big- a Lowe Alpine Scirocco (5000+ cu in. & weighs
about ten pounds by itself!)

I'm not an ultralighter (yet), but trying hard to be a lightweighter.  I
found that, even after cutting a lot of gear weight, my pack is still
heavier than I want it, because of... my pack.  The problem is, I'm having a
hard time justifying the extra money spent on a pack when I already have
one, so I'm looking for a bargain.

I'm thinking about 4000 cu in is a good size, to leave some room for Sierra
extras.

Also, I don't think I could use a G4 because I tend to throw my pack around
a lot and beat it up in general.

Any recommendations on size, brands, prices, structure, etc very
appreciated.

Heidi