From: <maurer@earthlink.net>
To: <mardav@charter.net>
Cc: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 10:17 AM
Subject: [pct-l] RE: down handling help wanted

Marion,

You will need to close yourself off from outside influences as best you
can in order to avoid getting stray down all over the place. I set up my
3 person tent in one of my bedrooms and closed the bedroom door. Inside
the tent goes: the bag, the down, the sewing machine, seam ripper,
scissors, power via an extension cord, a mask for your nose and mouth,
an accurate scale for weighing the down, a list of how much down is
needed in each baffle, your headlamp if you need extra light, a yard
stick or solid thin object (to stuff the down into the zipper baffle), a
vacuum cleaner and anything else you think you'll need. The idea is that
once you start filling the chambers, you don't come out of the tent
until all chambers are filled and sealed, and you've vacuumed up the
stray down.

I just finished making 2 - 20 degree down bags so if you have any other
questions let me know.

--
Mike Maurer