[pct-l] RE: down handling help wanted

Marion,

You will need to close yourself off from outside influences as best you
can in order to avoid getting stray down all over the place. I set up my
3 person tent in one of my bedrooms and closed the bedroom door. Inside
the tent goes: the bag, the down, the sewing machine, seam ripper,
scissors, power via an extension cord, a mask for your nose and mouth,
an accurate scale for weighing the down, a list of how much down is
needed in each baffle, your headlamp if you need extra light, a yard
stick or solid thin object (to stuff the down into the zipper baffle), a
vacuum cleaner and anything else you think you=92ll need. The idea is that
once you start filling the chambers, you don=92t come out of the tent
until all chambers are filled and sealed, and you=92ve vacuumed up the
stray down.

I just finished making 2 - 20 degree down bags so if you have any other
questions let me know.

--
Mike Maurer