[pct-l] Fabric for making clothes help

Hey everyone,

I am trying to make some clothes for hiking and I am having trouble
choosing the right fabrics.  I have read the specs on these fabrics, but
I was hoping to get some experiential feedback from people who have
used/made clothes with these fabrics.  I am defiantly looking for
function over form in this - so I don't care what the fabrics look like,
as long as they perform.

Also pointers to patterns for these would be helpful - again I can find
the Green Pepper biking shorts pattern, but has anyone used it  (repeat
for all projects listed below)

I will list my projects and my potential fabrics. I would appreciate any
help you can give. I am cross-posting to PCT-L and BackpackingLight -
sorry for the repeat for those on both.

Thanks for the help!

-R

Rain jacket/pants

	Goretex 3 layer
	Extreme 3 layer
	Ultrex 3 layer
	Xalt

Stretchy hiking shorts/pants (like bike shorts/pants with no padding)

	Ultrex Lycra
	Nylon/Lycra
	Poly/Rayon/Lycra
	Supplex/Lycra
	Spandura
	Lycra
	Heavy, med weight

Fleece vest/jacket

	Polartec 100
	Polartec 200
	Polartec 300
	Polartec windbloc
	4 way stretch lycra fleece

Shell pants/jacket  - sun/bug protection

	Breathable ripstop nylon 1.9 oz
	Solarweave
	Supplex
	Taffeta

Wicking shirts - long and short sleeve

	Capilene
	Coolmax
	Wickaway
	Adidas Wickaway
	Dryskin
	Powerdry
	Stretch supplex
	Wickaway supplex lycra

I have the following sources for fabric - others would certainly be
appreciated

Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics
http://www.owfinc.com/

RockyWoods