[pct-l] digital cameras???

--
During my JMT hike, I just took three 128meg smart media cards (hold
160 pics each at the highest quality) and carried them with me the
whole time.

A friend of mine who is currently riding his bike from Texas to
Tierra del Fuego has a good idea that would seem to work well for a
thru-hike:  He bought a crap-load of 16meg smart media cards (which
are way cheap now), and he snail-mails the cards back home when they
are full whenever he gets to a town.

For batteries, I used lithium batteries, which are lighter and last
upto 4x longer than regular batteries.  I also truned off the LCD
display, which is supposed to save lots of battery life.  I took a
spare set of lithium batteries and never edned up using them in 10
days.  In fact, the batteries we used on the trail actually lasted a
few more weeks after we got home.  I highly recomend the lithium
batteries.

peace,
dude