[pct-l] digital cameras???

--
the digital cameras are a little heavier and bulkier if you want a 3+
megapixel (which is what you need for them to come out well when you
print them).

I highly recomend either the Olympus Camedia (3040 [3mp], 4040 [4mp],
or 5040 [5mp]) or one of the Nikon Coolpix models.  I have the
Olympus Camdedia 3040 and it takes very good pics that can be printed
upto 8x10 and still look pretty good.  One thing that my camera does
that I do not like is that when ther are areas of bright light
sharply contrasted by dark colors in the foreground it has trouble
with that and creates this purple hue where the contrasting colors
meet.  You can see what I am talking about in this picture:
http://www.dudedesign.com/photos/tyt2001/hi_res/P7280001.JPG
(look where the light comes through the trees)

This is a minor inconvenience that I can live with and could possibly
be adjusted for by tinkering with the cameras settings.  However, a
friend of mine has a Nikon Coolpix that does not seem to have this
problem.

this is a great site to use for research:
http://www.dpreview.com/

good luck,
dude