[pct-l] digital cameras???

--

I haven't carried my digital on long hikes. But I have seen a few people ca=
rry them.
Batteries can be a problem. One idea I heard and liked was to turn off the =
electronic viewer to save lots of battery power. My camera uses 4 AA batter=
ies, so I just carry a set of extras.
Flash memory cards are getting really cheap. I know people who buy several =
and mail full cards home to a friend. The friend uploads to a computer, era=
ses the card, and mails it back to the next re-supply. This is a scenario w=
here I might not go for the biggest card, but rather 3-4 smaller cards.
Oh, those flash memory cards aren't foolproof. Troubadour had one that went=
 bad on his CDT trip last year. Last I heard he thought he could get most o=
f the pictures recovered from the bad card. Guess that isn't any worse than=
 the US Postal Service losing the film I mail home.
Ken